View Single Post
Old 06-25-2021, 04:49 PM
Powderkeg
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Originally Posted by weshallsee View Post
I start on the 1st, can anyone shed some light on what kind of trips go on in PHL and how long to get off reserve there currently? Thank you.
Things have changed (are changing) so quickly it’s hard to say what to expect. The most recent bid pack shows PHL with approximately 1/3 turns, 1/3 two days, and the remaining 1/3 split between three and four day trips. Anything from easy day turns two double leg red eyes. None of our bases can avoid red eyes without seniority.

How long to get off reserve is an impossible question to answer. Prior to COVID people were on reserve well less than a year. The current junior guys have probably been on reserve over a year and a half and counting. Now who knows? In my opinion the fact they are hiring through the summer means they anticipate growth to be pretty stout. If that’s the case I assume the time on reserve will continue to be in the 6-12 month range. The latest vacancy (posted today) shows PHL growing by 6 pilots which I would take as a good sign also.