View Single Post
Old 06-29-2021, 06:43 AM
Claxstarr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2018
Default United's 270 aircraft order

Originally Posted by Hedley View Post
I don’t doubt the future of SkyWest. It is an extremely well run corporate entity and you may increase flying for another partner. I am referring to reduction on the UAX side. More NB doesn’t mean more scope necessarily, at least on the United side of the house. United didn’t order a NSNB, so there are no more available 70/76 seat jets. As United NB block hours increase, the allowable UAX block hours increase as well using the current number of 70/76 seat jets. They can only fly so many hours in a day, so with the CRJ gone, the possible block hours for United will be reduced (assuming the current number of 70/76 seaters).

Ok non-facetious & serious question….
I’m not following your logic.
You’re saying that when NB block increases, then UAX block increases. Yup, got it.
Then you’re saying when 200’s/145’s disappear, the block hours just disappear as well?
With an increase of UAX block hours & a decrease of 50-seat block hours, wouldn’t that create a 2 fold vacuum for 70/76 seat block hours?
In your hypothesized situation, there would be the exact opportunity I’m talking about for an increase in UAX 175 flying with the loss of 200//145’s and an increase in total UANB/UAX block hours.
You said it yourself… an increase in total UAX block.

I think the press release was very carefully worded to leave out the 70/76 seat birds because something is coming.

We’re also hearing this from senior UA captains riding in jumpseats.