View Single Post
Old 06-29-2021, 11:09 AM
Jkmsr
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
The fatigue policy is, if you feel fatigued call off. Unless you do it frequently, or don’t have a valid reason, you’ll never hear anything from it. There isn’t even any extra paperwork, although it would benefit everyone if an occurrence report was submitted explaining the circumstances. Especially if it was operationally caused, I.e. multiple 14 hr days with 10 hr overnights.

I’ve never heard of anyone submitting any kind of suggestion for some sort of “work rules” policy, which is what you are looking for. As the old saying goes, ‘how do you know until you try.’ As people leave, and they are leaving, things may change. But it sure as hell isn’t going to change if the deficiencies aren’t brought to management’s attention. Until then, they are going to run the schedule as tight as possible until you cry “mercy” (call fatigued”).

I know it’s not all sunshine and roses here, but it could be a hell of a lot worse. If you have a suggestion for a feasible change for the better bring it up. If it doesn’t change, or you don’t want to make a suggestion, there’s lots of hiring spooling up.
This pilot right here is the reason things won’t get better.