View Single Post
Old 06-29-2021, 01:19 PM
SSlow
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2019
Position: baller, shot caller

Originally Posted by El Peso View Post
What works for me:

My body clock is on East Coast theatre. When I get into my West Coast layover that’ll be followed by a red eye home, I try to stay up as long as possible. I mean really late. Go out, have a drink. Play on the phone, listen to a podcast/music, whatever it takes to stay up. Fall asleep around 2-3 am pacific time. Sleep in until at least noon if possible. (3 pm EST). I’ll be landing at home at 6-7am the following day so that’s about 16 hours of wake time. No problemo. Got to keep experimenting to find what works for you. Good luck, I know how much it sucks to show up tired for a red eye. Reminds me of that Charles Lindbergh passage.

Same. I am east coast based and most of our redeyes are out of LAS. Usually the night before I get to the hotel in LAS around 10pm pacific (1am domicile time). Since the hotel is right off the strip I'll get changed and go out, eat a small meal, and between that and the strip I'm wide awake. I'll stay out half the night and sleep half of the next day, with a nap right before I head back to the airport. 60% of the time it works every time.