View Single Post
Old 07-02-2021, 10:24 PM
flyinthrew
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2019

Originally Posted by flyguy0246 View Post
Bumping this thread with regards to the insane recovery this industry has seen in the past few months. Out flying the line for cape air, and find the flying to be so repetitive at this company, that I’m not building the same “experience” that I was hoping. Also, the QOL here isn’t as good as a traditional 121 regional. I don’t mind the “grind”, but worry that even time here will put me behind the curve once I’m out of here since even the scheduled 135 multi pic time, is only in piston aircraft, not turbine or 121
You still made a good choice. Things are still sporty out there. Things are not steady state, and you are in a good place while the industry is still collecting itself. Two of the big 3 as well as SWA and Alaska haven’t even started scheduling interviews. Regional flying is still getting shuffled. Where do you think you are going to apply that your flight experience is going to disadvantage you, and to whom will you have the disadvantage? Don’t let FOMO get the best of you now. You are going to walk on to any regional you want next year at this time. Just stick with the plan unless you have a CJO at your most choice employer and you have the cash to cover the training contract.