View Single Post
Old 07-07-2021, 09:19 AM
FTv3
Social Media retired.

Joined APC: May 2018

Originally Posted by usmc-sgt View Post
Again... all these schools you mention have the highest advertising budget. EVERY flight school is accelerated if you want it to be. Find the best balance of cost, fleet availability, and instructors. Start with one cfi under the premise that it’s an interview and you’re trying to find the right fit. Try a few for a few lessons and settle on one.
If the OP’s goal is to fly for the airlines then I’d go with FlighSafety in VRB or whatever Comair Academy in Sanford is now called, or anything comparable. Tough, competitive, procedures and crm based training. Every single one of us that I know who went to these schools & who are now at the majors and big corporate depts have, hands down, stated the training was second to none and prepared us perfectly for the 121 environment and jet flying. A cheaper alternative would be to find an private instructor who has extensive 121 experience and wants to teach you under that philosophy.

I’ve never seen any evidence flying with military guys that suggests a military primary flight training background is superior to the better civilian ones. IMHO, they both have their pros and cons. Navy guys have been consistently the better personality - stick combo over the AF crowd by a noticeable amount.