View Single Post
Old 07-07-2021, 07:04 PM
Gone Flying
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2015
Position: UNA

Originally Posted by beernutt View Post
Some things happened at Colgan and Pinnacle Airlines that might refute your claims that a US ATP is a certificate of competency in aerodynamic knowledge and adequate training.

I’m in favor of practical knowledge in aircraft operation versus emphasis on community service. That’s all I said. Please don’t take it as an attack on your viewpoint. We can both be right on this. Or wrong.
sorry if it came across as an attack or confrontational, it was not meant that way. I can agree that practical knowledge is good and I agree there is room for it to be tested. I just think the JKT in the form I took it before Covid was not the most effective way to do it.

It is worth noting that both those events happen before the ATP rule change and we have seen some other changes since then that are positive (EET training and the FAA standard for stall recovery come to mind) I think the republic crew in ATL in 2019 is a great example of this. It is not absolute and there is still room for error if not trained properly and flown properly no doubt.

I am excited to see developments in this area as we get closer to new hires from off the street hopefully this fall.

Cheers