View Single Post
Old 07-08-2021, 01:25 AM
theUpsideDown
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017

Originally Posted by TegridyFarms View Post
My two cents on the JKT.

1) it was a bunch of stuff that they gave you to study. If you learned it, or at least an acceptable amount of it on your own time…….that showed initiative and that you’re a person who when given a bunch of material and being told “know this and you’ll be tested on it….” If you can do that—and aren’t a total tool during the interview you’ll be a good fit.

Why?

2) At Delta when you are assigned a new airplane—guess what?!? You're sent a ton of info that often times is new or foreign to you, you are asked to learn it on your own time, and show up on day one and take a test. And you’re asked to do that over and over for four weeks straight.

When I took the JKT I thought “Good God, that was so stupid.” Retrospectively, I understand why it exists once I taught myself an airplane and was tested on it. There’s definitely a correlation between that test and the way we train here.
We were spoonfed in class, not firehosed, and ive never learned so little about an airplane I've flown. Is it possible you went through 4 or more years ago?

If you were prior airline you could have slept through class.