View Single Post
Old 07-08-2021, 09:07 AM
QRH Bingo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2021

Originally Posted by FTv3 View Post
If the OP’s goal is to fly for the airlines then I’d go with FlighSafety in VRB or whatever Comair Academy in Sanford is now called, or anything comparable. Tough, competitive, procedures and crm based training. Every single one of us that I know who went to these schools & who are now at the majors and big corporate depts have, hands down, stated the training was second to none and prepared us perfectly for the 121 environment and jet flying. A cheaper alternative would be to find an private instructor who has extensive 121 experience and wants to teach you under that philosophy.
. . .
Not discounting that style of training starting from zero hours but it certainly doesn’t mean it is required to work well in 121. I spent several years obtaining all my ratings “hodge-podge” style bouncing all over to whatever suited my personal & financial needs. I work just fine in a professional CRM environment. It can be learned quite quickly if you have the personality & work ethic to act as a professional.