View Single Post
Old 07-09-2021, 02:22 AM
23Cargopilot23
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2018

Originally Posted by goinaround View Post
At K4 I know folks who were: Turbo prop guys with lots of overseas experience and PIC time…..Folks with lots of turbo prop experience with some international boeing time. But if you have lots of turbo prop time that’s limited to the USA…..you’ll probably to put one more notch in your belt. But who knows…..A lot of people have the perfect resume for xxx airline that could never get hired. The opposite is also true.
Thanks, I appreciate the insight!

Originally Posted by viking avenger View Post
but saying that, No 121 time, No Boeing Time, and 1200 Hours shy of the Minimum time. I think there are other more suited flying options for your experience level at this time. You have to walk before you run and you're still crawling.
I appreciate you being willing to offer advice, but I’d like to be clear that while I may not meet some of the checkboxes to get an interview-I don’t need the condescending attitude. I’ve had plenty of wide-body international captains jumpseat with me over the years and say my job is more difficult than theirs. Single pilot ifr /A no automation with 3+ hand flown approaches to minimums most days in a decently sized aircraft is not crawling, and it’s not prideful of me to think that I might have a shot at moving up after 3 years of it-especially since I also have a bachelors and have flown crewed, international and had CRM/EFIS/FMS courses to prep me for 121. You can tell me I’m under qualified to apply at this time without talking down to what I do on a daily basis. I’m always willing to work on things to get better as a pilot and be a better applicant, but there are very few people who can do what I do for as long as I have and do it well.