View Single Post
Old 07-10-2021, 05:57 AM
Carter1
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Long time lurker since I left for UAL back in 2019 with about 4 years seniority as a former VX guy.

I can tell you leaving for ual was the best decision I’ve ever made. I actually enjoy going to work again and am thrilled at the decisions the company has made since I was hired here. The former Alaska/VX guys I know here, and have met that I didn’t know, feel the same.

In reading your posts it’s pretty clear you already know the right answer. If you have the ability to get the call, I would suggest not walking, not running, but sprinting away from AS into a class at UA.

im grateful for my time at virgin and Alaska and miss the crews including the smaller airline community where you know people by name and become friends.. but I missed my family and being treated with respect by my employer more.

It was an easy choice and I have never once second guessed myself-not even when a covid furlough notice came. Thankfully our Union protected us from furlough while working productively and amicably with the company (of course government assistance helped immensely but had that not come there was a signed loa furlough avoidance in place).. which has set us up for a snap back recovery that has hired more than 500 new pilots since may with no end in sight. Classes of 50 per week are planned indefinitely.

please feel free to direct message me if you still want more information after you talk to your buddy about leaving

Originally Posted by NewGuy01 View Post

I’ve got a call with my buddy at United tomorrow to ask some serious questions about leaving. After that I’ll ping the senior contacts there if I decide to leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk