Thread: GoJet Growth
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2021, 08:55 PM
ElCaribe
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2020

Originally Posted by GojetFires View Post
Rumor out of the Willis Tower is that GoJet's 550s are going to Skywest in September or early October. Skywest wants the pilots too, date of hire seniority for pay but date of transfer for bidding, and a 2 year fence. After 2 years nobody will care. This will be a 30% pay increase for the GoJet pilots if it happens.

The rumor continued that Hulas wants more money and says if Skywest just makes newhires out of the pilots and no longeviety it is a better deal for SW and makes the deal more valuable, justifying the higher price. In addition to the GoJet planes, supposedly 50 "new" CRJs going to Skywest and 25 550 to Air Wisconsin.

I can't attest to the accuracy of the rumor but I did shell out $3.13 for a Starbuck's coffee on the corner of Wells and Madison for the information. He offered to show me actual paperwork but that would have cost me a coffee and 2 donuts over at the Dunkin Donuts at 110 W. Madison.

If it all gets signed then it will be a great deal for the GJ pilots. GJ is the best bet out there currently.
Skywest did that same longevity pay deal to attract pilots from other regionals. Fair deal instead of starting over at year 1 regional FO pay. Skywest also probably just wants the pilots for staffing. They have no need to purchase any other part of GoJet. Let Hulas run his third airline into the ground on its own and walk away with nothing from all three. He’s not in any position to negotiate. UA loves Skywest and they’ll be happy to let them take over organically during GoJets fall 2021 demise. Hulas did the same thing with the other two airlines. Declare bankruptcy and liquidate any remaining assets and call it a loss. He won’t have to worry about taxes for the next half decade.