View Single Post
Old 07-16-2021, 06:43 AM
helpmegetwings
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2021
Lightbulb In the same situation but with college

Since I'm new on the site, they won't let me start my own post. I found that your scenario is similar to mine, so I'm hopping on your thread to see if any veterans can help me too.

I am currently enrolled at Middle Georgia State University because they are partnered with Delta's Propel. This university is charging me in-state tuition because they have a waiver program for bordering states.

I recently found out that my home state just got their first university to partner up with United's Aviate at Elizabeth City State University where if you are an NC resident your tuition is $500 a semester for a full-time semester and if you're out of state it's $2,500 for a full-time semester. I do think that will help me out in the long run with finances.

I have my bachelor's in Business Administration and Management-- and now I'm getting my second bachelor's with a flight track, in which I'm treating it as a professional school.

At this rate, I do think since I'm using my GI Bill that is only 60% and I come out of pocket 40%, Elizabeth City State University is the move.

My questions to the veterans of the aviation world are:

1) Is there a huge difference in the programs between Propel and Aviate?
2) What's the difference between Delta and United as far as the employee package? (benefits)
3) If I live in North Carolina, which airline is better to commute as for their hubs?
4) When I graduate, will I still be able to apply to other airlines too even though I graduated from United's Program?

Thank you all in advance.