View Single Post
Old 07-18-2021, 08:26 AM
OscarRomeo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2020

Originally Posted by 35Right View Post
I'm coming from Part 91 as well, contemplating a move to 121. We currently fly about 100 hrs a year, trending downward as time goes on. I need to fly, both for my professional progression and for my own state of mind . I have a wife and young daughter, and the move to a regional would be a 50% pay cut first year just going off of monthly guarantee.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? I feel like if I'm not flying, the world is passing me by. However, a 50% pay cut is a kick in the teeth.
I’m in the same boat as you. Large cabin Part 91 flying 1 or 2 trips per month for a principal that is closing in on 80 years old. I’m jumping to the regionals this fall for a 50% pay cut. If 121 winds up not being the right fit then I could go back to 91 after a few years and be better set up for a better Part 91 position with the additional experience. If 121 is the right fit then I’ll be in the right position for a better 121 job. 100 hours a year isn’t going to set me up for anything. I say make the jump.