View Single Post
Old 07-18-2021, 02:50 PM
EAFF95
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2018

Originally Posted by SpeedyG2 View Post
Guys this may have been asked many times before pardon me for that
I have to commute (move) no matter which regional I chose post covid what are your thought on
Piedmont vs Skywest got offers from both almost training start date similar
Flow to AA is making decision hard
Please share your opinions thoughts greatly appreciate
Thanks
If I could go back in time I would have chosen other opportunities over Piedmont. Skywest is the real deal. Trust in yourself to be hired, the only people staying at skywest are people that want to stay there.

At Piedmont you will not upgrade fast, you will not build time as fast as your peers, and your QOL is below even regional average. 76 seater flying means more time with the door closed and more time racking up hours, pay, and days off which adds up over your 3-5 years at a regional that you will not get at Piedmont.

QOL may seem trivial when you are trying to keep your eyes on the prize of getting to a major airline, but once you get into the slog you either get stockholm syndrome at Piedmont or the oppressive QOL eventually snuffs out your desire to be an airline pilot.

The flow is the best conceived recruitment tool in the history of airlines.

There are rats on this forum that will try and get you to gloss over those facts, do not let recruiters/management/trolls convince you that these are not important.

If flow is everything, PSA>Envoy.