View Single Post
Old 07-20-2021, 07:48 AM
WhipWhitaker
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2017

Originally Posted by Globemaster2827 View Post
I don't mean at this moment. Add something to your resume. Checkride Busts have a statute of limitations where airlines care - I had more than one. I think the magic number is 6 years. You can get hired with a DUI. I didn't have any of them but I was told that a buddy of mine who does had a great resume. If you have 1000 hours of PIC and a Boeing Type you're very competitive at both of those places. I had an hours long conversation with the former head of pilot recruitment at FedEx. I know these things to be true.

So if you don't have your 1000 hours PIC or your college degree... Get them. Network with guys you fly with. Don't be an ********* to everyone you meet. Try to get into the training department. Go to a job fair. Do these things and you'll get a call if you want one. The only guys that I think are completely unhireable at Atlas are the guys who can't upgrade and the worst *********s at the company who are known by everyone. From my experience there that's probably 5% of the pilots.
Thanks for encouragement, dad.