Old 07-20-2021, 07:59 AM
StallWeezy
Gets his house in order

Joined APC: Sep 2017

Originally Posted by NewCareer View Post
Well, still chugging along. But I am quickly approaching a crossroads and looking for advice. My contract is up in a few months. My instinct is to try to go to Republic out of EWR. GoJet is also there and would likely upgrade to Captain more quickly. They also have aviate, even though this seems like a carrot (goal is United). Of course, I could also be out of a job if they go under so republic seems like the safer call, assuming I can get an offer.

Obviously it would be awesome to go right to a LCC. I guess it won’t hurt to apply. I will have about 3000 hours TT. 2500 multi, but with no turbine. (Dera, you nailed it with the 402). 1500 of which will be 135 PIC using my ATP (fulfills 121.436, not that I would ever consider DEC). Here’s one catch: My company does have an agreement with a ULCC but I would have to wait another 6 months to be eligible, and the consensus is that the company will take its time sending people over there (another carrot?), and I could be sitting at the company for who knows how long waiting to go. And commuting is pretty rough at this point. I just want to be New York based. And that carrier’s closest base is…ACY. Just in case you weren’t sure who I was talking about.

It also seems to me that building 121 time with make me more marketable to all the other LCCs, not just the one, in a rather short amount of time.

Thoughts? Any insight is appreciated.
I think checking the 121 box would open more doors for you in the smallest amount of time. Not sure who to pick between republic and gojet these days but I’d go for the quickest upgrade and/or quickest EWR base. Ensure that you don’t stay there long enough to have to worry about who goes out of business next but I don’t see anything crazy happening now that we’re on the other side of China virus.