View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 11:37 AM
freezingflyboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: 7ER B...whatever that means.

Originally Posted by atpwannabe View Post
Certainly agree with your post on choosing a location. I, too, have done my anaylsis. I have look at the Houston area as well and the cost of living is lower than most of the rest of the country....Clear Lake City to be exact. I have looked at properties not only in Texas, but in Memphis and Northern Mississippi as well. My fiance, has looked at the school systems in each city as well.

In terms of companies, that would mean XJT...(you think we could fly together...)...LOL!!! The other companies would be Mesaba and Pinnacle. I also would prefer to live in base as well. It will cut down on my being away from home no longer than I have to.

Although you may not have a favorite a/c, I do. Those companies that I've identified have a/c that I wouldn't mind flying. By no means is it the deciding factor. That would be insane.

atp
Thats actually really funny. I lived in Clear Lake when I first moved to Houston up until about a year ago when I moved up north. Just FYI, the commute from the Clear Lake/League City area to IAH is KILLER. 30-40 minutes with no traffic up to 1.5 hours if traffic is a mess (which thunderstorm season does a good job of snarling up). I did it for about a year and just got tired of it, not to mention the expense of gas and having to roll out of bed at 3am if I had a 5am show at the airport. Now I live about 15 minutes from the employee lot at IAH and couldn't be happier. The area I live in isn't as nice as Clear Lake was but it's close to my girlfriends school and the short commute MORE than makes up for it. Nothing like finishing a trip at 2pm on a Friday and having a margarita in your hand by 3pm