View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 11:49 AM
atpwannabe
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Math Teacher

Originally Posted by freezingflyboy View Post
Thats actually really funny. I lived in Clear Lake when I first moved to Houston up until about a year ago when I moved up north. Just FYI, the commute from the Clear Lake/League City area to IAH is KILLER. 30-40 minutes with no traffic up to 1.5 hours if traffic is a mess (which thunderstorm season does a good job of snarling up). I did it for about a year and just got tired of it, not to mention the expense of gas and having to roll out of bed at 3am if I had a 5am show at the airport. Now I live about 15 minutes from the employee lot at IAH and couldn't be happier. The area I live in isn't as nice as Clear Lake was but it's close to my girlfriends school and the short commute MORE than makes up for it. Nothing like finishing a trip at 2pm on a Friday and having a margarita in your hand by 3pm
Traffic is that bad huh? Would you say that the area you live in now is at least comparable to Clear Lake City? On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate the two areas? Any idea how the schools are? I have a 3 yr old son and his education is paramount!!!

atp