Gets Weekends Off
notEnuf
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Mar 2015
  • Position
    stake holder ir.delta.com
Quote: Who is qualified to determine the airworthiness of the aircraft per the MEL and whether it’s a pilot or maintenance deferral? Certainly not the FA’s unless clearly a cabin issue, and even then they don’t have an MEL. No one is talking about not seeing something until it’s more convenient. I’ve seen contract maintenance show up at an out station after an FA started the ball rolling with FF without the Capt being notified (cockpit crew on board). Was a non-issue but took a delay and caused miss-connects with the time it took to contact dispatch and maintenance to put the genie back in the bottle.

A simple communication with the cockpit could have prevented the delay. I really like the FF app but it can be used to jump chain of command either deliberately or through ignorance
Sounds like a FA training issue or a company policy issue. The chain of command? I've gotten to an airplane with MX on board when the ramp crew sees something. And I was even the last to know when on board with a ramp crew find. MIA was notorious for this for awhile. Should they mention it, probably. Is this the guidance they have been given? I thought that was the point of FF and the new cabin discrepancy policy. I like the idea of the MX status reviewed regularly by the people actually working their part of the equipment.