View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 01:16 PM
CheyDogFlies
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Kickin it "C"old School in AK

I'm a NH. Currently, I'm on reserve growing a beard. My first bid period I got a line--if you get a NH line, it's going to be rather non-commutable: 3-4 day trips followed by 3-4 days off, for the entire period. Second bid period was the same. My third, I'm on reserve--I think I could have been on reserve sooner, as folks who are in their first bid period right now are on reserve. So, reserve is not so senior any more.

There's about a snowballs chance in ONT that you're going to get a 12 day trip being junior. If lucky, you can trade some of your 3 day trips to make them more back-to-back to almost become commutable. I live here now, so I'm not so much into the trip-trading thing anymore.

Originally Posted by TipTip35 View Post
UPSers

Can someone give a sample of what the new hire schedules for UPS ANC based pilots look like? Previously I saw some speculation but I was wondering if there was anyone (NH) on this board actually flying up there or familiar with the schedules.

I heard that reserve goes senior up there. Is that correct?
Also if you get a line fairly soon what does it look like? I previously heard one long trip (10-12 days) and then a second shorter trip (5-6 days). Does that sound right to anyone? Anyone commuting up there and if so how is working out??

Thanks