Thread: Delta Variant
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2021, 09:15 AM
Excargodog
Perennial Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018
Default Anti vaxxers didn’t cause the delta variant.

Antivaxxers didn’t cause the delta variant.

Just thought we’d get that straight, since some people seem to be almost accusatory. The delta variant came from India, where right now only 4% of the people are vaccinated.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...are-vaccinated

That’s not saying that people shouldn’t get vaccinated - I personally think they should if they haven’t already had COVID and maybe even if they have. For that matter, I think Jehovah’s witnesses with a major trauma with bleeding ought to take blood products if medically indicated too - but that’s just my opinion. If they’d rather die in hemorrhagic shock ‘in grace’ instead - at least the adults anyway - that’s their choice. But blaming the unvaccinated for the delta variant was ALWAYS ill-informed, and now when it has beCome apparent that even the immunized are capable of catching and spreading COVID, it’s particularly dumb. Forcing them to get vaccinated - the adults at least - no longer seems justified if you are trying to use their infectiousness as a rationale because immunized also appear to be infectious.

COVID-19 is going to be with us permanently. Even if the US could achieve a 100% immunization rate - which it never has for anything - it still wouldn’t matter because we would still be continuously importing cases from the rest of the world and those cases would be spread - apparently by the immunized as well as the unimmunized.

on the good news front, once someone has developed some degree of immunity to COVID, either from previous immunization or previous infection - the morbidity and mortality of subsequent infections goes way down, but it’s apparent that the virus is still going to virus, at least with current generations of immunization. They apparently aren’t the panacea everyone was hoping for.

But if you just got the J&J immunization, I’d suggest you go back and get one of the others.

Last edited by Excargodog; 07-31-2021 at 09:51 AM.