View Single Post
Old 07-31-2021, 06:42 PM
AirBear
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: Retired NJA & AA

Originally Posted by at6d View Post
We also don’t need to land with the listed reserve gas. That was an interesting conversation. Come on Mav, do some of that pilot $h1t!
When I was at Mesa we got some CRJ-100's vs. the normal CRJ-200's we flew. Basically the same but the 100's had a different engine and used more gas. We had several enroute diversions when the Capt realized they weren't going to land with 45 minutes of fuel. The CP was angry, he said "the reserve fuel is there to be used!!" (his initials were SC if there's any LAMA members here).

On diversions, I had an incident at NetJets where we flew into AVL early one morning before the tower opened. TAF said it'd be clear so no alternate filed. Had to hold for traffic and then shoot the full approach, got down to 200AGL and couldn't even see the ground directly below us. So full missed approach. I was familiar with GSP and knew it was just an hour's drive from AVL (pax was picking up kid from camp). And we were going into our 45 min reserve so I just requested the divert from ATC and sent a quick message to the company. No pushback at all. AVL tower opened a short time later and the RVR was 500.