Thread: Amerijet

SEPfield , 08-03-2021 10:39 AM
Gets Weekends Off
SEPfield
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Jan 2016
Quote: You have a new top guy with deep skills and Industry connections, who is changing the way the company is doing things. It stands to reason that he's going to bring in his own folks on the executive level. That should be seen as a good thing.

As to the active operating posts, you're mixing apples and oranges by talking about the resignation of some people who worked under the old top guy. And you're seeing some people under the new guy, as he takes more control, finding other and better opportunities as Amerijet starts to be a credential that looks decent on a resume.

From a perspective way outside, this looks like a place that has lots of opportunity for people at all levels, but certainly isn't a stable predictable employer like a UPS. Some people thrive in one environment. Some people thrive in the other. Upheaval means opportunity. Complete stability means limitations on advancement. That's just the way it is. Most people like a combination of the two that yields their personally-desired combo of stability and opportunity, but those are kind of few and far between. It's a continuum, and Amerijet currently falls in one place on it. Hopefully, over the next few years, it'll move more to the other side of the spectrum as enthusiastic non-complainers jump into opportunity spots and try to make a difference, like your MEC, who fought hard for ALPA.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

You're correct. We do have a new top guy, that new top guy has been here for nearly a year and has still made negligible attempts to correct the glaring issues that plague this airline. Now I don't believe he is being negligent to be malicious, nor do I believe he is being negligent because he's stupid. I think he is very intelligent and as you said he has deep skills and industry connections. Which leads to the most logical conclusion that if he is failing to correct the huge issues, it is because he has no reason or motivation to correct the huge issues. In short our smart skilled leader is doing this on purpose.

If the ship is heading for an iceberg and the captain has been told there's an iceberg, and he can see the iceberg, and the junior officers are all getting into life boats and the captain still isn't turning the ship then i think it's safe to say the captain wants to hit the iceberg. Meanwhile he's trying to tell the rest of the crew that it's full speed ahead, all is well here, we're making great time...

I appreciate that your perspective is from way outside Amerijet and you just came here to share your thoughts, however your post seems to try to give the impression that this place will be the next Jetblue. The reality is that based on the current trajectory it is much more likely that Amerijet will be the next Valuejet.