View Single Post
Old 08-10-2021, 11:59 AM
TOGALOCK
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2018

Originally Posted by flymyplane1 View Post
Okay i see so basically they add a bunch of credit as an incentive to pick up a trip and then pay it all at 150%. Plus the 82 override. Seems like a pretty good deal!

What about the flexibility i know the 60/70 hours drop but how easy is it to actually drop trips if you want to move a few days around ? Are there usually enough reserves to cover it ?
Also that 150% will also pay out at an additional 125% if you’re over 82. So let’s say a 7 hour turn is put in premium with 3 hours of incentive credit for a total trip credit of 10 hours. That 10 hours will pay out at 150% for a total of 15 hours. If you’re over 82 for the month then that 15 will pay out at 18.75. So you will get paid 18.75 hours for what was originally a 7 hour turn.

As for dropping trips… right now it’s pretty easy, but alway subject to change. Our drops are based on amount of open duty periods on the particular day(s) that you want to drop. We have a grid that shows the amount of open duty periods allowed. In a nutshell, if you want to drop something and the grid shows that there are max of 3 open duty periods allowed, you will be able to drop as long as there are 2 or less open duty periods already in open time. If there are already three open periods in open time then you would be denied. Seeing as open time is a moving target, I’ve never not been able to drop something as long as I’m persistent and consistently keep track of the open time grid. All it takes is someone to pick up something in open time to give you the availability you need to drop. You can also set up alerts to be notified if the open duty periods on a particular day drop below your specified value.

Within 3 days (? I think. I’d have to double check the contract to be completely sure) of the trip you want to drop, the ability to drop changes to available reserve coverage rather than open duty periods.