Thread: FedEx to United
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2021, 06:25 AM
BAe3100FO
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2010

Originally Posted by Noworkallplay View Post
And just think, if you would have stayed you could have been a 75 Capt or a soon to be senior WB FO. Im thinking your negativity in numerous posts towards FDX is rooted in resentment for your decisions.
Zero resentment or negativity. I respond to questions with my personal experience during my time their.

And just think…For reference, I can hold 320/737 Capt at several bases here. And will be a fairly senior 75/76 FO (767 is a wide body, no?) once I’m activated in the next month or two.

All this, without having to do the middle of the night hub turns with that dreaded 3-4 hour sit between the hours of 10pm - 2am. Only to have to go back out just as one hits their circadian low.

The 757 at FDX is the mule of the fleet over there, almost exclusively night hub turns and a lot are multi-leg. There’s a reason guys bid off that airframe ASAP. (at least that was my experience from guys in my newhire class and while browsing thru the bid pack)

But as others have said, some are able to manage and make it work, I wanted more from my career than “I make it work and find a way to suffer through my flying schedule” because -and let’s be honest here, night hub turns are brutal.

We do red-eyes here but I mostly do them at the end of a 4-day trip (makes commute very easy) and almost always with a 30+ hour layover before doing them. A simple all-nighter is cake vs having to sit for 3+ hours before having to start up and do it all over again. Any pilot on here can attest to the fatigue that one can get after having a sit for 3-4 hours during their normal work schedule, and for most of us that’s during daylight hours.

But I’m happy that you’re happy, If reposting 3 year old comments on here make you happy, then knock yourself out. I wouldn’t change a thing in my aviation career and I’m truly very blessed.