View Single Post
Old 08-16-2021, 07:51 AM
AAL24
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2018
Position: 757/767

Originally Posted by Tjeff View Post
I wasn’t trying to differentiate myself, just emphasize that it appears the majority of the new hires over the next decade will be stepping into a much better situation and we may not know any better about what’s going on at other airlines. We won’t know it’s subpar compared to DL and UA. A lot of will be comparing it to where they came from which for the majority was a way worse situation.

My original post was in response to someone stating that a lot of people hired in their 20s over 30 years ago this was their first 121 job. I don’t know what you mean with accusations of differentiations?

I disagree with your assessment. I have quite a few friends who came up through the regionals and they all aspired to the majors because they wanted to be able to make >350k/year and have 18+ days off with good benefits. They didn't say oh I got used to 10 days off a month for sh$t pay so I'm cool with 13 days off for decent pay. Everyone has their eye on the prize. The only demographic that tend to be a bit weak kneed (not all of them) are the guys/gals who are retiring in the next 1-5 years. For whatever reason a lot of them are big time forward leaners and would be satisfied with minor improvements and a few more dollars.