View Single Post
Old 08-16-2021, 05:45 PM
B727DRVR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Exclamation We already have a pilot who lives in CRW

Originally Posted by MedSledDriver View Post
I’ve read on this forum about the home basing that FE offers and, to me, it’s a compelling reason to leave my regional for flyExclusive.

Would cities like Charleston WV, Casper or Cheyenne WY be acceptable cities? Has FE ever employed pilots that were flown out of airports with such low airline traffic volume, if not those airports specifically? Those are the real estate markets I’m looking to buy in.

regional airline captain with 3,500 total hours but only 255 hours PIC, if that matters at all.

Thanks and blue skies!
Hey MedSled,

Here’s my advice..

If your ultimate goal is Part 121, I suggest staying 121 if the commute is not too painful. That’s not to say that you can’t take a break from 121 Regional flying, though.. and your QOL will definitely be better since there aren’t going to be any Regional bases in CRW or CYS. We already have a pilot who lives in CHS and I can’t imagine that CYS would be a problem either. We have another guy who commutes from Italy with his Alitalia benefits, and shows up to whatever airport in the USA that he can make it to, and then the Company gets him a ticket to where ever his airplane is.. So I think that you’d be easy compared to him.

I think that you would be fine in either location. We are still hiring for late September, October, and November INDOC’s of 10 pilots each. Reach out to me if you have any other questions..