View Single Post
Old 08-17-2021, 12:30 AM
C17B74
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2013
Position: No Hats No Jackets No PAX

Originally Posted by HwkrPlt View Post
Wanna make a bet? How about the retired airline guy that says he'll pay for his own gulfstream type if he gets hired?
I’ll take that bet thru hard work, effort, time built as many here have done to get where they are and accomplished many other jobs to “feed their family.” Don’t ever prescribe to thinking your the “first and only” so get out of my way is the logical obligation/narrative. Some make it, some don’t but whatever you think your entitled to, that’s another story aside from the other contract BS brought up. Agree with TiredSoul, it’s all BS. No one should step aside even if they supposedly had their time in the sun or whatever you make of it, even if they outbid/buy your type and have the experience or at least trainable to standard. It’s Business after all. If no experience than it’s the employers fault bottom line. Despite being behind others seniority wise who are or were less experienced than I, should I feel they should retire early or get out of the way. Nope, never gonna happen. Many have left early for themselves and to benefit others but that is their right/decision and their sacrifice at times is forgotten all too easily. This is the industry we live in and those having had skin in the game like yourselves must know this reality. It is what it is that’s life, don’t sweat it or others just drive on.