View Single Post
Old 08-17-2021, 06:16 AM
Comp Mon
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2019
Default F9

F9 has a TON of red-eyes. I would argue that we have the highest percentage of any carrier. Frontier is changing its model to run mainly one or two day trips. There are very little four day trips out there. This is absolutely wonderful if you live in domicile but not so great if you commute. While there is not a minimum daily guarantee at Frontier, there is a 5-hour per day trip rig. As a result anything longer than a 1-day pairing usually pays 5 hours on average. Because Frontier management desires around 150 crews per domicile, every new domicile will be a quick upgrade while ones that have been around longer will take much longer to upgrade into. I would think that we would be very similar to Allegiant that way with the exception that Frontier puts it's domiciles in large cities versus small ones. As a commuter, I would love to be able to bid my schedule down to zero hours on some months like at Spirit Airlines. A 70 hour a year minimum credit (6 months per year) here at Frontier seems rather high to me for a major airline. It's great flying shiny new a320 neos (all of which are leased) and to work for a company that has such aggressive expansion plans. Good luck!!