View Single Post
Old 08-18-2021, 09:11 AM
CADR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by OpMidClimax View Post
175s? Nah i highly doubt it. We can't run what we got right now.. if you can't staff the adminstrative jobs of the flight department now, how are they going to grow? They raised salaries in sby by a few small dollars and there is still a massive labor shortage on the eastern shore.. royal farms pays the same as a dispatcher and Amazon blows them out of the water.

Pilots are leaving in droves for better opportunities.. that means FOs are short.. so can't upgrade.. CA are short... and LCAs are leaving very quickly for united and others it seems.. the training department is taking heavy losses. And although they are trying to train new LCAs, they can't pull them off the line because flying and the extra flying we took needs to be covered. As ULCCs keep picking up low time FOs the pdt stepping stone and need for a low time 121 pilot to grunt and bare it out here becomes less desirable. Flow increase? Nah... we can't cover the flying we have now with the mass attrition.

Unless piedmont becomes the #1 career destination for pilots instead of a stepping stone with golden handcuffs of a flow, the place will have some hard times ahead. I don't see the company and AA agile enough right now to make it happen. I hope I'm wrong as there are good people here that rely on the pdt pay check.

Covid just exasperated the pilot shortage and training bubble that was barely being managed before. Also salaries for minimally skilled labor has increased drastically making admin staff harder to obtain and retain. Can piedmont pull out another jets for jobs miracle? I hope they can, but that would take someone from DFW to really want piedmont to survive and invest big resources in the bury. DFW has a lot going on right now, i wonder if PDT can really be their focus?

I hope I'm wrong and hope SK and EM make a grand announcement of 175s or crj550s are coming but i honestly think we're just plugging holes in the ship and bailing water at the same time.

^ 100% this.