View Single Post
Old 08-20-2021, 06:23 AM
emersonbiguns
P/T Gear Slinger

Joined APC: May 2017
Position: Airbus
Default TSA at Regional Airports

So I find myself having to commute from the Hooterville Airport, Haircare and Tire Center and TSA is a royal PITA.

Specifically, I travel in uniform hoping to minimize the harassment but it seems to have no effect. I check in at the counter prior to clearing TSA (no KCM available), get CASS'd, get my listing doc for the jumpseat and line up in the Pre-Check cattle chute. I meekly approach the TSA officer with my crew ID and Global Entry ID card and immediately get chastised for using the Pre-Check line when it's not listed on my jumpseat doc (not even sure if they can put it on there or not, but will ask next week when I get to do this all again.) Then I get the three fingered prostate exam from the toenail clipper thieves.

This wouldn't hurt my pride so much if it weren't for the fact that the crew I'm going to be sitting behind in the jumpseat walks past TSA and gets let out to the aircraft through the "secret door." I know, first world, whiny pilot problems but....

What are my options?

1. Loudly state "Don't you know who I am?" when questioned by TSA?
2. Show my scam envy and snarkely ask TSA how the crew bypassed security, thereby possibly ruining their good deal?
3. Buy jelly donuts for the station employees in hope I will be given access to the "secret door"?
4. Suck it up and enjoy a smoke after the TSA fingering?