View Single Post
Old 08-20-2021, 07:36 AM
emersonbiguns
P/T Gear Slinger

Joined APC: May 2017
Position: Airbus

Originally Posted by SevereClear1 View Post
Don't show them your ticket and just your crew badge...
I'll give that a try, but I'm betting that will cause a major helmet fire for the TSA ID checker. (see my response below...)

Originally Posted by Myfingershurt View Post
Seriously. Why do you check in outside security? That’s not required when in uniform. Make life easy. Enter airport. Straight to precheck or employee line. Whichever is shorter. Also, be cordial to TSA agents. Develop a good working relationship with the ones you see most often. Learn their names and remember them. Treat them like human beings that are just doing their jobs. Do this for a year or so and life gets easier. I also commute from a smaller airport. Not hooterville. But not a class bravo either.
I guess I didn't make it very clear, we're talking small... One "gate" (door), two RJ-200 flights a day, no employee line, no gate check-in, etc. The first time I tried jumping out of that station the agent couldn't figure out how to CASS me so I ended up driving 2.5 hours the opposite direction to a "real" airport.

I always try to show people that are doing their job respect, however it gets a little frustrating when you get treated like a three year old at a TSA checkpoint that is operating entirely differently than I've ever seen in any of the other places I've ever been. Seriously, head scratching, WTF planet am I on sort of different...

That's why I was hoping one of the regional guys might know what's up with REALLY small stations.