View Single Post
Old 08-23-2021, 11:03 AM
skywatch
Gets Weekdays Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: Economy Minus

Originally Posted by Tfork View Post
Ok fair enough. But you're kinda ignoring the elephant in the room. It's not just a dosing problem. It's people taking a drug for COVID that is only approved for specific conditions resulting from parasites. I wonder where they're getting this great medical advice from.
Maybe they are looking at how commonly this drug is being prescribed in other parts of the world? Maybe they are getting it from this study published in the American Journal of Therapeutics?

https://journals.lww.com/americanthe...ment_of.7.aspx

"Meta-analysis of 15 trials, assessing 2438 participants, found that ivermectin reduced the risk of death by an average of 62% (95% CI 27%–81%) compared with no ivermectin treatment [average RR (aRR) 0.38, 95% CI 0.19 to 0.73; I2 = 49%]; risk of death 2.3% versus 7.8% among hospitalized patients in this analysis, respectively (SoF Table 2 and Figure 3). "

Oh, but unfortunately, there is no money to be made from prescribing this drug, so I doubt Merck or anyone else in the western world is interested in funding any studies beyond those referenced here.