View Single Post
Old 08-26-2021, 08:28 AM
Tjeff
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2019

Originally Posted by Lahey View Post
lots of guys in the pipeline are so dead set on AA that the ONLY app they have out is AA.

I'd like to think that COVID woulda pushed more to apply elsewhere...but tbh this will just retain the guys who had the same status quo mindset prior to COVID, which is great for them since they really want AA.
I mean it did, we were bleeding more pilots then 2019 and not a single one has gone to AA yet. Some FOs were going to LCCs some LCA trying for DAL, UA but 2 years ago most people I talked to were casual about the other legacies, really trying for AA and scoffed at LCCs and JetBlue but this past year that mentality switched to get out no matter where no matter what.

Now I already know some people turning down interviews to stay, the money is a huge plus but the increase in flow seems to be a bigger factor. A lot of people love the AA bases and want to drive to work and I don’t blame them. It’s like live in a base you love or possibly commute to ATL or NYC. I know there are other bases but so many people at the WOs live in one of the bases and love it. Say what you want about AA QoL vs other legacies but driving to work trumps all.