View Single Post
Old 08-26-2021, 09:00 AM
BeatNavy
Covfefe

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by UNDGUY View Post
i thought I read on here that instructors have to have a seniority number on day one per the contract now. What is the difference between NHFI and NHIP except the obvious fact that one gets a seniority number and one doesn’t? Which position is the current vacancy for?
New hire instructor pilots have to have a seniority number right away (as opposed to the 1 and 2 years it took before). New hire flight instructors/sim instructors are non seniority it list. The difference is in their title and whether or not they fall under the CBA or not (and associated pay).

CBA:
An Instructor Pilot shall be on the JetBlue Master Seniority List .
A minimum of 75% of the total JetBlue Instructors shall be an Instructor Pilot or a JetBlue Pilot Retiree. Adjunct Instructor Pilots will not be included in this calculation.

so…75% of the total instructors have to be Instructor Pilots or retirees. But not all instructors have to be instructor “pilots” (ie the difference between being on the SL, or not). All new instructor “pilots” get on the SL right away. When I voted on the CBA, I thought that meant all new instructors period were required to be on the list. Semantics…but a big difference in meaning.