Thread: Class Drop List
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2021, 08:37 AM
highfarfast
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by chihuahua View Post
Are they seat/equipment locking people into the 145 FO position unless they upgrade? When do you think they expect the 145s to be gone by? I only ask because I'd only want to think about Envoy if there would be a shot of getting MIA 175 within a short time frame.
IF you get 175 on day one, my guess is that you could hold MIA 175 FO pretty quickly. IF you get 145 on day one, it will be years before you can hold Miami. FOs can't bid jet to jet here. Only non-upgrade way out is via displacement.

As for how long the 145s will be around. I know Envoy management wants this to be an all 170/175 airline but pre COVID AAG was planning on having the 145s through at least 2025. Last summer we had Envoy management saying we'd never hire into the 145 again. Yet here we are, hiring into the 145 again. I think they're going to be around long enough you can't count on being displaced any time soon.

There's also one other thing to consider for someone coming with prior 121. We are probably a ways off from this being an issue but Envoy can force upgrade qualified FOs and have done so in the past. If it happens again, you'd probably be one of the most junior qualified which would likely mean a forced upgrade to the 145.