View Single Post
Old 08-28-2021, 01:04 PM
midwest1992
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2016
Position: B 747 Left
Default UnHappy

Originally Posted by ex402dvr View Post
I would like to add one more item to this list.

Evidentially with the new ACARS software update, as soon as the last engine is shutdown the system blocks us in, it doesn’t matter when a door is opened. The deceiving part is you will not see this until they open a door, but when you look at the time on the clock it doesn’t match the ACARS time. Of course, there was nothing that came out to inform the flight crews about this new system, so let’s review what we don’t get paid for. We don’t get paid when we start engines in the blocks, we don’t get paid when we de-ice in the blocks, we don’t get paid when we sit on the ground waiting to be loaded which can take up to six hours, and now our pay stops as soon as we block in. Never mind we are still responsible for the aircraft and have not yet finished running checklists. It is now common to put in a 20-hour duty day and only be paid for eleven hours. Needless to say, we were all surprised and upset about this new development, and it is just one more slap in the face.

Might I suggest that if you are contemplating coming here, understand our contract does nothing to protect us. Our union leadership sold us a bill of goods with a promise to resolve the outstanding issues via MOU. Those of us that have been around for a while understood this was nonsense, but unfortunately enough people believed what they were told and blindly followed their advice.
Might I suggest you go back to driving your 402