View Single Post
Old 08-28-2021, 02:44 PM
paulhood
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2019
Position: CRJ-700 CA

Originally Posted by Elevation View Post
747: most money. Most schedule changes. Leave the country on day 1 and return on day 17. 90% overseas. Hard on your body. OK pay. Bad QOL.

777 (from what I gather): DHL. Laps around the planet to the same places. More stable schedule. Mellow folk.

767: junior flying is domestic Amazon and DHL. Senior flying is international DHL and AMC pax. Week on week off (10 days on or 6 days on). Not so hard on your body. Bad pay. Decent QOL.

737 (from what I gather) Hang out around CVG lots. Fly 20 hours a month.

Some southern person can correct/update me. Hope this helps you select a fleet or class date.
737:
We are all based in CVG, but we rarely fly out of CVG,(I have flown 2 times out of CVG in one year), making most of the 737 crews home based, the schedules are pretty light, mostly one flight a day, sometimes 2, I have never seen more than 2 legs, long overnights, pretty relaxed, if you want to log flight time, the 737 is not for you, average line is about 35 hours a month, however because of CRT (credit rig pay) the average line pay is about 75 hours a month, so basically you get paid for TAFB, not really flight time.

Also I have seen an increase on split trips on the 737, instead of 17 days On in a row, you get more like 10 on 7 off, 7 on 5 off, something like that, which I really like.