Thread: Should I leave?
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2021, 06:00 AM
Richmond454
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2016

Not sure if anyone gives a crap but I'd figure I'd give an update since people were kind enough to give some advice and provide some much needed comedy. Its been pretty much a year and things sure changed quickly. My job is doing well. They have offered me a raise and possibly a promotion if things open up. I've decided to turn them down and go back to flying planes. I really miss it. Everything about it, flying jets, non conventional schedule, traveling to different places even if it's just to airports and hotels.

So I've contacted my company and they say they can get me into class in October. They asked if I wanted to upgrade but I told them not right away. I've been out of flying for a year and really need to get back in the right seat and get comfortable again before I try and be the captain. I figure 3-4 months of flying the line and I'll be ready for it.

Hopefully this time things don't come down to a grinding halt and we all get kicked in the privates. But who knows. Gonna give it another try and see what happens.

I hope the past year has treated people as good as can be. Not looking forward to going back to the hot box. But looking forward to hitting the line again.