View Single Post
Old 08-31-2021, 04:16 AM
prex8390
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2011

Originally Posted by UNDGUY View Post
I could drive to PHL or DCA in about an hour and fifteen minutes. Sitting reserve on my couch wouldn’t be too bad. I’m thinking about just coming to PSA as a DEC and waiting to flow to American eventually. I wish I had done it when I was a CFI 15 years ago. I’d be sitting pretty at American right now. I read on here all the time how worthless the flow is and how if your not lazy and have a degree you don’t need it cause you can get hired off the street. I don’t think people really have an appreciation for how hard it is to get hired at a big 5 airline, especially if you are not prior military. I can tell you I and many others I know have been trying for a long time and we are all very qualified and still have never even received an opportunity. That flow is very valuable.
Not sure where you’re located but I’ll assume not too far off from me, if you’re taking I-95 to either of those airports, keep traffic in mind as well. I commute out of DCA to ATL, I’ve found myself cruising along fat dumb and happy and then at a total standstill for 45 minutes becuase every lane is blocked from an accident. Drivers out here are insane compared to where I grew up.