Thread: Vaccine Stance
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2021, 11:01 AM
Merle Haggard
Aspiring PSA Captain

Joined APC: Sep 2020

Originally Posted by magic rat View Post
I was hoping the discussion would be centered around what y’all think fdx would do and your opinions as to how you will proceed accordingly. But I got suckered into the debate. We need another thread! Call it Pilots vs FDX vaccine stance.
OK, updated version:

This needs to go to the Covid 19 thread so that all the same old arguments can happen there.

Bottom line is that we are very likely going to be flying to places that require it. Their country, their rules.

When that happens it will ultimately force the company's hand.

Pilots can be "vs FDX" as much as they like. It won't and can't change anything above.

As for me, there is no "Pilot vs. FedEx". I'm vaccinated on the advice of my doctor. I will get boosters on the advice of my doctor, whom I have trusted for years with far more serious decisions than whether or not to take a vaccine. He also happens to be an AME and the health officer for a large corporation. I haven't seen a keyboard commando with adequate credentials for me to re-rack their advice over his. And hey, if you don't trust him, 96% of US doctors were vaccinated as of 1 June. I'll get my flying advice from pilots and my medical advice from doctors.

I'll add one final thought. FDX pays Harvey Watt a bunch of money for medical consultation and their advice will probably come from (drumroll please)............DOCTORS