View Single Post
Old 08-31-2021, 08:50 PM
Gone Flying
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2015
Position: UNA

A couple things (and you don’t have to answer here). EDIT

1)In your early 50s, personally I would stay at AA. if you were in your 20s or early 30s I could see justifying it, but you are in your 40s or 50s, probably not. DL has hired around 5,000 pilots since 2014 plenty of those are on the young side. We only have like 4,000 mandatory retirements between now and 2030, I know AA has a lot more than that.

2) if you are 3 hrs from DTW, how close are you to PHL or ORD? [edited out bad info] Unlike AA, we do not have separate LC/SC. Everyone starts out as LC and scheduling can convert you to SC up to 7 times a month. No add pay for that.

3) what is driving this? DL seemed pretty well run pre Covid but I would say we have fumbled as bad/worse than anyone else since Covid started, our management culture here certainly is not pro pilot, and we are certainly having our issues right now. Things may not be great at AA but they certainly are not all roses here.

If you really want to make the jump put your app in, but the grass is not always greener.

Originally Posted by Armyguy View Post
Almost 4 years in but I just updated my Delta app. Doubt I will get called but AA just seems more and more anti pilot with each passing day.

I live about 3 hours from DTW and that is also a factor. Delta was always my first choice but I stopped updating airline apps about 2 years ago. What’s the future of DTW and is it still the junior base outside NY? Thanks
just to add, DL was probably the most confrontational major airline to their pilots during Covid. There was very little “work together” attitude here from our management. Our union and company initially reached a deal, signed it then the company decided not to use it. while AA offered 55 hour stay at home lines during Covid as a win/win, our company negotiated them then balked and put out a memo to all other employees about how selfish pilots were being by not taking unpaid leaves while D was getting cares money.

Also (if I understand this right) Our CEO is on record saying he lost sleep wondering if he took enough from our pilots in BK. Food for thought.

Last edited by Gone Flying; 08-31-2021 at 09:14 PM.