View Single Post
Old 09-04-2021, 07:42 PM
MTSUFlyer
Swimmer

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: A300 FO, C-130 Pilot

Originally Posted by Precontact View Post
UPS hands down. QOL in domicile is beyond the extra time commuting. Ability to bid anything, take first available upgrade (~5 years) in domicile and open time/JA opportunities. Also I didn't see vacation listed in your summary. UPS OCV options allow junior folks guaranteed ability to drop trips unlike when us older folks were hired in previous contracts. Conflict biding vs. PBS is a no-brainer. Good luck.
I’ve heard good things about UPS’s vacation policy and conflict bidding (but I am not familiar). Here’s a comparison looking at the accrued vacation days over the next 25 years.

UPS and Delta have a similar vacation accrual schedule (i.e. 14 days until year 6, 21 days until year 12, etc). Sounds like at UPS with 2 weeks of vacation in a bid period, you can drop the entire schedule for 75 hours. That’s a big plus. Being that I’m about to hit year 6 at Delta, I’m up to 3 weeks of vacation versus starting over at 2 weeks at Brown.

-Vacation days accrued over 25 years at UPS/Delta: 633/777

-Vacation pay per day at UPS/Delta: 5/3.5 (3.75*) *3.75 for the first 14 days then 3.5

-Vacation hours of pay over 25 years at UPS/Delta: 3,165 / 2,807

So despite my 6 year head start at Delta, UPS stills wins for vacation hours of pay going forward because of the higher pay per day.