View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 03:49 PM
ryguy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: B777 FO

Originally Posted by PearlPilot View Post
I just want to clarify a couple of things.

To apply for Second Officer it does not look like there are any turboprop/jet time required, although it says preference is given to multi time. Now, second officers are based in HKG. So my question is, if you are a U.S. citizen, can you still become a second officer? I am a little confused because according to the requirements for First Officer it says: "An applicant must possess the right to live and work in the chosen Base Area. The Company will not sponsor applications to immigration authorities for Flight Crew to live and work in any port other than Hong Kong"

I would also like to know if anybody from the U.S. went through this program. Looks like a great opportunity to get your foot in one of the best airlines.

The company will sponsor a US citizen to reside and work in HKG so no worries there. There are several Americans that work as SOs at CX. The requirements are usually higher than the minimums Several have a lot of time and most have jet time. I believe competitive mins for SO are 3000TT with most having some turbine PIC. People get hired with less but that is the average for guys from the US.