View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021, 07:51 AM
busdriver12
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013

Originally Posted by Armyguy View Post
No desire to go to Fedex, the pension would be nice but I have jumpseated on Fedex and UPS before and it was brutal. I am sure it works for many, just not me.

I got a fixit email Sunday so we will see what happens.

Based on pre-COVID class drops, DTW was sometimes being given out during indoc and it appeared a lot of folks got DTW within a year. Based on my experience here at American I found this strange at first but after looking at Delta's bases they actually have some great locations to be based. SEA, SLC, ATL, MSP. I can see why a lot of pilots wouldn't move to DTW and make it their home thus making it junior. Upon further reflection, starting over won't be that bad either, within 2 years of starting at Delta I would essentially be right back at the same pay.

Thanks again for all the replies
i also flew for American, before FedEx, and found the dealing with pax and fa’s, long days and multiple legs harder to deal with than my mostly day flying at FedEx. But it’s not for everybody.

However, you don’t have a long timeframe left. You’re considering giving up years of seniority at AA to start at the bottom. A dip in the economy, and you’re the first one furloughed. Things can change in the blink of an eye, and next time, the govt might not be so ready to hand the airlines money for people to stay home. You definitely need to consider the fact that right now, you’re likely safe from furlough, but going to another carrier, you’re losing that protection, and you don’t have many years to make it up.