View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 09:23 AM
dckozak
done, gone skiing

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Rocking chair

Originally Posted by captjns View Post
My comment, dckozak is from experience over the years. It’s been no secret to the casual observer via word of mouth to actual experience. A worker in that part of the world is a modern day indentured slave, to put it succinctly. Treatment from carriers in the region as it relates to how workers are valued vary.
Not everyone reading posts on APC are aware of how flight crew are treated in the ME or China. Many are not aware that most non American pilots post predominantly on pprune, they get all their information from posting/opinion on this website. The poster spent a good deal of time outlining his views/prospective on Qatar Airlines. Having someone link the post, several posters, providing no meaningful retort or counter-points to his accusations, fired off flippant opinions on the poster and the validity of his observations. IMHO, it provided not only no information, it diminished the value of the post. I would have expected something like this from a company plant leaking anonymously false information to discredit the source, not from long time posters we assume are real pilots.

Originally Posted by captjns View Post
Anyway dckozak I’d be interested to know, along with other members of APC may be interested with your personal experience(s) QR, or other ME carriers, or with foreign carriers.
Twenty years flying in and out of Dubai with a fair amount of deadhead on Emirates in Business and first class. Lots of travel on foreign and US legacy carriers, most in first class. I have no axe to grind with the service the ME carriers provide, I would agree that the US carriers provide an embarrassing product relative to many European and Asian carriers and certainly compared to Emirates, the only ME carrier I have personal experience with. My only gripe is their failure to provide decent bread sticks when they serve caviar.