View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 05:29 AM
Justdoinmyjob
Looking for a laugh

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by newKnow View Post
Justdoing,

Just take a trip to Narita (Tokyos' International Airport) and you will be able to see exactly what UAL and NWA have the authority to do that DAL doesn't and no "open skies" agreement will ever give them.

Everyone can fly "to" the Pacific. Only UAL and NWA can fly "thru" Japan. (CAL uses Guam)

During hub time there (NRT) for either airline there are more 747-400's, 747-200's, 330's and 757's for NWA & 747-400's, 777's, 767's for UAL than you can shake a stick at.

If what they say is true, that Asia is where the money is; then as of now NWA and UAL have the inside edge for the foreseeable future.

If DAL wants Asia, they will have to make a deal with NWA or UAL. I guess DAL pilots will have to decide who they want to dance with.

Good luck.

New K Now

So why can't we do the same thing with Singapore or China? Who says that if you don't fly thru Japan you won't make it? I spent 10 years living in Singapore. Trust me, if they think that letting Delta do there what NWA does at Tokyo and they can make money off of it, they will fall all over themselves to make it happen.