View Single Post
Old 09-13-2021, 09:59 AM
Gone Flying
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2015
Position: UNA

Originally Posted by BeatNavy View Post
What would those numbers be without payroll support? https://apnews.com/article/business-...5be1e35a8caf6f

“$1.5bil from PSP and other one time events” change the numbers you posted above significantly.

Also, I read elsewhere that 2H2021 CapEx will increase by $700m due to the a350s/739s being added to the fleet.

And to be clear I’m not hating on delta here. They are still in the best position imo and maybe still the best run of the legacies (not a fan of Ed, to be clear). But, nobody, including Delta, is out of the woods, and I think Q3 and the first part of Q4 will be rough for everyone. Just as summer exceeded expectations across the industry, the post-summer booking drop off has also exceeded expectations, in the wrong direction.

I agree with what you are saying, I’m just saying based off what I am reading, I do expect delta to post a Q3 profit. Not a big one, but I think it will be there. I agree we are hardly out of the woods and as long as ThE vArIaNtS keep getting hyped non stop my the MSM I don’t think we will be too comfortable at the airlines.