View Single Post
Old 09-13-2021, 08:54 PM
Xdashdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2013

Originally Posted by Skycap876 View Post
Would anyone be willing to explain a little bit more about the minimum monthly credit required?

I understand the company requires 60 hours per month 6 months of the year and 70 hours per month 6 months of the year. Is this just a contractual agreement with the union or is this something that is enforced?

I was talking to a couple of Frontier pilots in the Denver terminal and they had indicated there are months you can drop well below 60 hours.
Is there a vacation requirement to do this? If so could anyone explain the vacation accrual rate?

What happens if you are below 60hrs?

At my current carrier I've had dynamic months such as 100 credit hours per month other as low as 30 but there is no reprimanding or trouble that is associated with flying such low credit for a month.

Also if anyone could explain the long call reserve. Are long calls called first, with frequent conversions to short call?

Thanks
If you don't meet the min credit you leave yourself open to potential disciplinary action by the company. As far as long call goes...called first with a 12 hour callout. The company may convert to short call for up to 6 reserve duty periods a month for free but no more than 2 consecutively. Additional conversions cost them 1 hr of pay above guarantee. They cannot convert you on your last day of a block.